Earth Day Sale: Save 50 percent on greener cleaners at Whole Foods Market from April 19 to 22
Deal: 50 percent off more than 130 Eco-Scale™ rated household cleaners from multiple brands
Dates of sale: Sat., April 19 to Tues., April 22 (Earth Day)
What to know about Whole Foods Market’s Eco-Scale Rating System:
- Whole Foods Market launched the Eco-Scale™ Rating System – an industry-first set of tiered, household cleaning standards – to help shoppers make smarter, greener choices for their homes and for the planet.
- With this exclusive tiered rating system, Whole Foods Market requires something the U.S. government doesn’t—full disclosure of ingredients on all household cleaning product labels. This transparency helps shoppers know exactly what’s in the products they are using to clean their homes.
- Additionally, all household cleaning products must be third-party audited and color rated – red, orange, yellow or green – according to the specific set of environmental and sourcing standards each product meets.
- As of Earth Day 2012, all cleaning products on Whole Foods Market’s shelves must meet – at minimum – the baseline (orange) standard, which means no ingredients with significant environmental or safety concerns like phosphates or chlorine.
- Yellow-rated products meet even higher standards, with green-labeled products topping the tier.
- For more information about Whole Foods Market’s Eco-Scale program, including prohibited ingredients and specific requirements for each color rating, visit wholefoodsmarket.com/eco-scale.
The lineup includes more than 130 household cleaners ranging from liquid laundry detergents and fabric softeners to dish soaps and all-purpose, glass and toilet bowl cleaners. Featured brands include Ecover, Greenshield, biokleen, Seventh Generation, Mrs. Meyers, If You Care and Method.
U.S. and Canada stores only. Availability may vary. No rain checks.
SOURCE: Whole Foods